If one or both parties to the marriage is/are Sri Lankan residing in accredited countries (Russian Federation, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Uzbekistan), the marriage can be registered at the Embassy of Sri Lanka
1. Notice of Marriage (Download)Note: The marriage may be registered at the Embassy after a lapse of twelve (12) working days from the date of receipt of the Notice of Marriage and within three (03) months from such date.
2. Document confirming civil status as follows:
a) An affidavit/ unmarried status certificate for single persons (signed in front of a Justice of Peace/Notary Public)
b) Divorce Certificate (Original) if the applicant is a divorcee (if the document is not issued in Sri Lanka, an official translation into English is required if the certificate is in another language)
c) Death Certificate (Original) if the applicant's previous spouse has expired (if the document is not issued in Sri Lanka, an official translation into English is required if the certificate is in another language).
Note: The documents should be attested by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka, if the documents are issued by Sri Lankan authorities. Documents issued in other countries should be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the respective country.
3. Valid passports of both parties
4. Two (02) witnesses with valid passports
5. The originals of the following documents are required for the registration of a marriage: